活出人生就是那麼回事
Live A Life That Matters
活出人生就是那麼回事
Ready or not, someday it will all come to an end.
不論準備與否,萬事萬物將來有一天終將全歸了結
Ready or not, someday it will all come to an end.
不論準備與否,萬事萬物將來有一天終將全歸了結
Your wealth, fame and temporal power will shrivel to irrelevance.
你的財富,名利與現世的權力終會成為無所用武之地而不相干.
It will not matter what you owned or what you were owed.
你所擁有的萬事萬物或已負有的義務終將歸於無關緊要.
Your grudges, resentments, frustrations, and jealousies will finally disappear.
你的怨恨,憤恨,挫折,與嫉妒最後終將歸之於無.
So, too, your hopes, ambitions, plans, and to-do lists will expire.
也就因此,你的希望,雄心,計畫,與應作做事宜也終將期滿休止.
The wins and losses that once seemed so important will fade away.
昔日覺得如此重要的得與失終將逐漸消失.
It won't matter where you came from,
or on what side of the tracks you lived, at the end.
最後,不論你來自何方,或往何處居住,根本就不相干了.
It won't matter whether you were beautiful or brilliant
不論你是華麗或是才華橫溢都無關緊要.
Even your gender and skin color will be irrelevant.
甚至你的性別與膚色終將無所關係了.
So what will matter? How will the value of your days be measured?
那麼什麼才要緊呢?你的人生價值要如何衡量呢?
What will matter is not what you bought, but what you built;
何謂要緊不是你買了什麼,而是你造作了什麼;
not what you got, but what you gave.
不是你取得了什麼,而是你付出了什麼.
What will matter is not your success, but your significance.
所介意的是並非你的成功,而是你的價值含意.
What will matter is not what you learned, but what you taught.
何謂重要並非你學到什麼,而是你得到什麼教誨.
What will matter is every act of integrity, compassion, or sacrifice that enriched, empowered or encouraged others
to emulate your example.
所應重視的在於落實每次廉正憐憫的行動, 或犧牲奉獻之心,
促使或激勵他人去超越您的標竿.
What will matter is not your competence, but your character.
何謂重要並非你的能力,而是你的品德.
What will matter is not how many people you knew, but how many will feel a lasting loss when you're gone.
何謂緊要並非你認識了多少人,而是當你走了之後多少人會感到永遠的失落.
What will matter is not your memories, but the memories that live in those who loved you.
何謂重要並非你的回憶,而是活在那些愛你的人之記憶當中.
What will matter is how long you will be remembered, by whom and for what
所應介意的是你有什麼能被那些人懷念及永懷多久.
Living a life that matters doesn't happen by accident.
活出人生那回事要緊的是不要發生意外事故.
It's not a matter of circumstance but of choice.
它無關狀況但重要在於選擇是一回事.
While you meet something beautiful,
the first thing you should do is to share it with your friends anywhere.
當你遇見某些美好事物時,第一件要做事是與您的任何各地朋友共同分享.
So that these beautiful things will be able to spread out literally around the world.
以便這些美好事物能夠確切地散播於世界各處.(感謝見瑞翻譯..柯醫師提供)。
沒有留言:
張貼留言